Sunday, October 02, 2005

Let's have a Patrick Swayze October 2nd!

Sorry about the like updates, folks. If you haven't checked out the new comic yet, you really shouldn't. It made sense at the time while drawing the original sketch, but somewhere between the release of the game and the post of the comic, I realized it's not that funny.

1) The intro of Marvel Nemesis explains why those particular superheros aren't in the game: most of them are presumed dead.

2) The game isn't that good in the first place.

3) Well, I haven't played it yet. So I could be wrong, maybe.

Asides from that, my video game...life is going great. Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks is a lot better than I thought it would be. Fluid gameplay/controls, decent graphics, story fillers, and...shirtless Asians! Hopefully there will be a comic sometime about it...

Since I made this blog for random topics not important enough to make articles about, here's a random topic not important enough to make an article about. US Literature (aka English) class was particularly easy this week. I was not present on Monday, and the remaining 4 days we watched a movie. What film, you ask? Amistad, Steven Spielberg's 2002 motion picture based on the (in)famous slave ship with the same name. It's definatley not a bad movie, just not too rememberable. First off, I don't remember any character's names, not good when the test comes. Its also full of non-exiting/interesting stories. The ending is topped off with an 11-minute long speech by Old White Guy #45, who's in favor of the Africans. Little history for you, that was all but a summary of the real thing. OWG45, in real life, actually took 8 and a half hours for one speech. There are lawyers that aren't awake that long, let alone talking about one subject in front of the Supreme Court.

Where am I going with his? I, being my usual self-centered self, am going to give you this opinion about me: I would've been a terrible slave.

Say aliens, or Antarcticanites, come to America, and capture me in a net while I am playing DDR or something. These people/creatures do not speak any English, but they communicated telepathically. I ride the slave-(space)ship back to Mars/Antarctica and face my new life as a farm hand that is given the minimunest of wages. I would either die on the trip itself or get flogged into eternal submission when my owner didn't think my work was good enough. Trust me, it wouldn't be.

I can't believe I tried to make the slave-trade funny. Gosh, that was my bad-dead of the month right there. Anyways, meeting ajourned. Go masterbate like you planned on doing. Later.

-Brettzki

1 Comments:

Blogger Manda said...

It could've been worse... you could've tried to make "Two and a Half Men" funny.

OOOOOOOH! Buuuuuurn. Terrible. That was a bad pun. I'm sorry.

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home