Thursday, October 06, 2005

Link, fill up yer hearts!

New update, people. Funny thing is, I wrote this article sometime in August. Like mid-August. To be exact, I think it was the 16th. That sounds right.

This week was a big one for me. I got to see 2 movies that should have been viewed by my eyes months ago, yet it took me this long to finally experience them. The first, on Tuesday, was Spider-Man 2. Yes, this is me, the big Spidey fan that took a good year and 2 months to finally see the film. Shameful. It was fantastic, easily one of my personal top-10. I finished the other, Troy, not a half-hour ago. It's definately lenghty, but definately good (but not THAT good)at the same time. It teaches a moral as well; if you can't beat a guy, kill him while he's distracted! Time for a lesson from Maroon 'n Navy!

 Posted by Picasa

 Posted by Picasa

 Posted by Picasa

It's starting to become clear that I really shouldn't get so excited for a new game coming out, as if my expetations are too high all I can be is disappointed. Nonetheless, there's a new one I am following. In the wake of Madden's reign over the NFL, Midway sees the empire as a chance for a rebellion. Without the shackles places on them by the "No Fun Leauge", Blitz is finally the football game it was meant to be. On October 17, Blitz: The League will hit stores like a offensive line. (IE: people won't notice, but they should!)

The League that you play in Blitz is, of course, fake. It's simply called "The Leauge" and represents an alternate universe where the NFL didn't get started up and football kept its roots as being extremely, extremely violent. The League has its own backstory, which features several fatal injuries, a team plane crash and an Amercia vs. Soviet Union game. I guess football really is a Cold War, huh?? Oh geez.

In terms of gameplay, Blitz will feature not a season mode, but a story mode that you take a team down on its luck and try to make it back to the big time. Not only do you get to play football (8-on-8, like Blitz used to play like), but you get to manage all your players off-field antics! Drug use, club fights, affairs, they're all here! I can see it now...

Warx: Dammit (star running back), stop beating up hookers already!

Midway is bashing the NFL with every chance they get. Quotes like, "playing REAL football" and "the game they don't want you to see!" are all meant to be subtle but aren't in the least bit. Either way, it's basically Midway yelling "Screw you EA!!!" It's a fight worth fighting for. Let's hope it doesn't fall flat like *cough Marvel Nemesis cough* some random game from the past.

In case you haven't noticed, I am not doing 100% at JHF anymore. Sad, yes, but everyone please welcome Mall Jesus. He'll help out with some graphics, because he has photoshop and I don't.

Fighting, and sometimes ending blog posts...

-Warx (0c70b3r s3v3n7h)

1 Comments:

Blogger Pbre said...

Woo!! Go JHF! And JHB too!!

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home