Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Big Ben tells time, and time tells Big Ben

Last time, on Brett's Irrelevant Blog...

-Cake!
-Nintendo Wii!
-Email!

Now for the lackluster conclusion...

I only read emails from a few select senders, usually my close acquaintances and store chains. Just don't give me any forwarded bullshit, for you'll get a faceful of shame as a reply. 'Touching' or not, 67,459 names and a short story is not worth my nor your time; go find yourself literature instead, you'll thank me later.

Ahem, before I sway off-track any farther, one of the 79 messages was from Gamestop (the video game store with more) and it had a very noteworthy subject:

US Wii and Canadian Wii/PS3 Pre-Order Announcement

Its contents were of even greater importance:

"Gamestop and EB Games stores will begin accepting limited pre-orders for the Nintendo Wii console on Friday, October 13 on a first come, first serve basis. Due to extremely limited supply, we expect to reach our limit, likely in minutes. Blah blah call your store."

'YES!' I thought-sclaimed as a plan was devised somewhere in my brain. It would be easy, call my interested friends, go camp out in pleasantly crisp October weather and drive home on nice and friendly roads, compaired to Novembers inevitably troublesome icy obsticle. Things were going to work out, my smile grew.

Wait, what day is it?

The clock and calender read "Saturday Oct. 14, 2006 12:47 am" and my heart sank with Captain Hope going down with his ship. There was little chance of obtaining one of the precious reserve slots, especially when one was a whole 24 hours late.

The trip to Forks (the whereabouts of the closest Gamestop/every other major store) was a dank one and I found myself fearing the consequences of missing such an excellent opportunity. What if I never get a Wii? What if the government makes fun illegal in the next month or two, excluding all pre-arranged purchases? Will Fergie Ferg ever make a lick of sense?

The answers to these queries and more, next time on:

The title is what you want,
Brett.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home