Sunday, October 22, 2006

Vanilla root beer makes you sad

Swiss cake rolls for breakfast?

Yup, get used to it.

In case you don't have a psychic-level memory:

Brett wants a Nintendo Wii. He had planned to camp out for the system the night before it was sold in stores. Brett then found out, after much partying, that there was Gamestop was making pre-orders available in very limited quantities on Oct. 13. He read that message on October 14, and frantically, he skipped to his nearest Gamestop (a jolly 30 minutes away) to obtain his wanted information...

There were two Gamestop employees currently on shift, a girl around 18-20 and an obvious college graduate, sporting a dress shirt and a bling-bling name tag which hung from his neck. The dude was chatting on the telephone, so the only available helper was the girl.

Me: Hi, I'd like to ask some questions about the Wii.
Girl (we'll call her Tiffany): Sure, what's up?
Me: Do you know if this store is planning on a midnight launch?
Girl: Um...I'm not quite sure.


Tiffany turned her head towards her occupied coworker to inquiry.

Girl: Are we having a midnight session for the Wii?
Guy (we'll call him Arthur): We don't know yet.


Arthur continued with his phone conversation.

Girl: We don't know yet.
Me: Huh. And I assume that you're fresh out of pre-orders, too.
Girl: Yup, we sold the last one within ten minutes.


600 seconds is all it took for 1/3 of my dreams to be mortally wounded. Disappointed, I gave her my thanks.

Me: Well, thanks for the help; I appreciate it.
Girl: No problem.


We went our separate ways. My journey was accompanied by a couple of family members so I moped to my brother in the PS2 section.

Me: They don't know yet.
Brother: What?
Me: They're unsure on whether or not they'll have a midnight launch or not.
Brother: Oh.
Me: And they sold all their reserve slots in 10 minutes.
Brother (chuckling): That sucks.
Me (likewise): Yeah, it kind of does.


After a night of Gamecube (the Wii's predecessor), we traveled home, but something didn't feel right and I knew exactly what had been alterered: my anticipation. No longer was I uberly optimistic or cheerfully upbeat, for I was now in a state of feared panic. A new plan has to be devised; a better plan. Multilayered for full-proofeness and impressively thought-out. This here ends the first chapter in the book of Wii.

And the second chapter has now begun...

Make it jerk,
Brett, with newly-improved motivation

2 Comments:

Blogger Manda said...

GOOD LUCK!

PS: Wohl's been adopted?

3:21 PM  
Blogger Pbre said...

Whoa... you've been updating this... DAILY?!?!

Shit! I have a ton of reading to do!

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home