Monday, October 23, 2006

Broken is my spleen

"brett do u liek ninjaz or pierates??"

Cupids.


The end of Nerf season will arrive all to soon thanks to snow, wind and Jackson Frost huffing and puffing his chilling cheeks to the point of subzero. However, the lack of wars could possibly bring a shower of modding time/motivation, but then again, I'll probably spend it training Pokemon while I sit my back into submission.

The lastest member of the foam-firing-family:

The Magstrike is one-third of the trio of Nerf's Automatics, and many agree that it is both the most effective and efficient. Powered by air-pressure from a pump, this clip-fed distributor of competitive death blasts 10-dart waves that are nearly impossible to dodge, as demostrated by THIS VIDEO THAT YOU SHOULD WATCH SO THE NEXT PARAGRAPH MAKES SENSE. First one to find the link getz a c00ki!!

If you thought you noticed Mr. Red from the Red team shooting at helpless opponents from a pathetic 15 feet away, you're right! And so is Mr. Red! The Mag, unmodded, gets about 20-25 feet tops, which is impractical to say the least as other blasters can hit 30-40 without much problem.

I was strongly disappointed with the Mag upon using it in a war. While wielding the blaster, I was reduced to a mere empty threat, only useful for making people think a few times before shooting my teammates and myself. The only possible way to hit someone with its impressive rate of fire is to literally stand 10 feet away and sort of rain the darts down on them, like a thunderstorm of weakness. Even then they'll have a look on their face that says 'shit I could've easily avoided that by stepping backwards' and to their credit, they most certainly could've.

Thanks to screwdrivers and ForsakenAngel24, my Mag (dubbed 'Srgt. Squirtsalot) has climbed a few steps on the path to not sucking. No longer do I have to unleash all 10 shots, for I can now shoot in bursts of 2-3, each with improved range, velocity, accuary and oragnacity. Now it's plausible for Srgt Squirtsalot to produce some that at least resembles actual true-blue/red offensive manuevers.

That last sentance should not be taken a sexual comment/metaphor.

Also:


Well it seemed like a bad idea,
Brett.\\hack

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home