Monday, November 20, 2006

Gliding to cranberries

Last Time, on the Adventures of a Corporate Fanboy:

scroll down to find out more!


SPOILER E-LRT: DO NOT REED IF U HAVNT SAW TEH FIRST PART!!11

Things to pack:
-Sleeping Bag
-Numerous Blankets
-Gameboy w/ AA batteries
-Gloves 'n Mittens 'n Handcoats
-Hair

Everything on the above list was ready and waitin' to be utalized for comforting needs. Even if we were not lucky enough to nab a Wii, the dude(tte)s we'd meet and the Olympic-like experience would make it at least ignorantly pleasurable, if not newsworthily rememberable.

Websites and CNN alike were covering the Playstation 3 launch with a "glad I'm not there" approach, which got fairly annoying as they all started repeating the same universal reports. After switching off both monitors in dread, I hopped into Simmons and cruised to Pamida, in search of school supplies for kids who aren't me but are definitely needy. Dispite my customer intentions, they asked if I could help the store muscleman with lifting mysterious boxes. The money wouldn't hurt; I punched my time card with a left hook and began doing what I do best: loading trailers.

A hour and a half passed. It was nice to lend a hand/arm to my co-workers and I wasn't planning anything more important. I told my shift leader that I had to go; a statement which he understood and agreed to.

"Oh, Brett, hold up," he said as I strolled to the employee area. "The Wiis came in today. (nameless) has dibbs on one of them, you want the other?"

Boy, that question is like a friendly Rhino in Zubaz: surreally easy.

Or is it?

We'll all figure that out someday.

Iratedness earns D's,
Bretty Bird

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home