Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Vanishing crayons and mammoths

When we last left our friend and colleage...

"Oh Brett, the Wiis came in today. (nameless) has dibbs on one of them, you want the other?"

The unexpected retort:


"Uh...yeah," I said, in a state of gleeful shock. Suddenly, the thought of accessing a console before its release sprinted in; do employee benefits include such a privilege?

"Alright. We can't sell them until Sunday though, you'll just have to wait until then," my superior teammate informed me. "But we'll make sure it's set aside, okay?"

Well, that was a dream that ended faster than others.

"(I don't remember what my comment was but it was probably unintelligent and severely thankful)!"

I quickly called my bro even before I got out of the store. He was pleased with the news for it meant a sure evening of fun rather than a 20-degree commitment with an unknown outcome. Likewise pleased, I began to believe that all that fuss was going to pay off and get me a Wii.

SATURDAY

My brother's underground bachelor-mansion was irregularly warm as our accompanying homeboy and I waited for the third member of the crew to arrive. A kit of outdoor necessities was not packed because there was no need. My Wii was safe and sound in the secluded labyrinth of the Pamida backroom, all it took was for me to say "Hi" and I'd be face-first into the next generation. Excitement had morphed into the Blue Ranger and then confident pondering.

Just as long as it took for us to drive over a hundred miles, we were halfway to our destination and only 7.5 hours away from the 3rd and plausibly final console launch for our calender year. The trio of us were enjoying a nice car ride and a weekend off, just to make things that much more pleasant.

(soundless noise of a cell-phone on manner [vibrate lol] mode)

The caller ID displayed the name of my buddy, co-worker and former linemate, the guy responsible for my job and checking account.

"Hey dude, what's up?"

His voice sounded reluctant and sympathetic. "Yeah, Brett? This is Josh."
"Yup, I'm fully aware of that."

"Well, (our boss) says that employees cannot get any special advantages, so we can't hold a Wii for you."

Although those speaking were almost 2 hours away from each other, the conversation dissolved into a mutal silence.

zomg phind out nxt tiem

Spelunking the rich,
Brett$$$dollarsign

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home