Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Just comin' back, tell the folks at home.

If you have been a reader of the site since the early days, pay really close attention and have a near-photographic memory, then you may have noticed some slight changes to some of the older articles. These alterations occur primarily in the picture department, as Geocities sucks and I wish that HTML wasn't so different from standing upright.

The paragraph prior to this one is a bit of a lead-up. JHF might leave Geocities in favor of a superior web-hosting service. FreeWebs has already been ruled out, as to be honest...it really, really sucks. If anyone is out there have ideas, don't be afraid to yet me/public know, it'll make the world a better place...somehow.

There are three sites that I based JHF off of:
X-Entertainment
Progressive Boink
Head Injury Theater
...all of which are leagues beyond me and my humble efforts to occupy. They each have their unique strong points, along with several styles of writing/art. Check em out!

*wishes for a scanner.

Here's your chance to contribute to the "community" of JHF. How can I make the site better, and how can that be achieved?

With closed eyes,
-Brettzki of December 1st.

2 Comments:

Blogger Manda said...

Cool interface is always good. Also, boobies.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Jared said...

My opinion? Ditch the whole "free provider" thing. For some reason it makes people flee, even if your content's nifty. I speak from experience. Head Injury was originally on Angelfire for the first six months of its weblife. Now after a year free of the...umm..."free", I think I can tell the difference traffic-wise.
(I recommend GoDaddy.com for hosting btw. If you don't mind forking over a few twenties, they'll take care of you for a year or so.)

By the by, it's uber-flattering to be on that list. Oddly enough, I based the original "artless" Head Injury off of X-Entertainment, mostly in protest of his lack of movie reviews. Anyway....

My only other advice would be try to pretend no one reads you, even if you know better.
-jared

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home